From responding to a crisis in Moldova to restarting pastors conferences in the Amazon, God provided help and hope to the vulnerable through JMI this year.
WE couldn’t do it without you
As we entered into 2022, the Lord knew what was coming, and He used many of you to make a difference! Because of the generosity of our partners over the past 12 months, our staff in Moldova was able to feed and care for thousands of Ukrainian refugees while continuing to provide help and hope to the most vulnerable Moldovan children and families. In the Amazon, we were able to restart our jungle pastors’ conferences and continue to provide help for the neediest people in that region. Most importantly, wherever a JMI food bag or hygiene kit went, the hope of the Gospel also went. Thank you for being part of the JMI family. Together we are making a difference.
OBRIGADO! From the amazon
This year, our Amazon team served a record 400 villages with thousands of bags of food, hygiene supplies, and medication. We are able to reach extremely remote places because of our partnerships with jungle pastors. These faithful men and women face overwhelming challenges, but our annual Jungle Pastors’ Conferences offer them a vital time of refreshment. After having to pause the conferences for Covid last year, we were able to restart them in 2022. Hundreds of pastors attended to receive biblical and practical training to help them run effective ministries. We are also equipping these sisters and brothers to lead their churches on their own mission trips. One of our goals next year is to support at least six of these indigenous trips.
Sarah Rodrigues, Amazon National Director, says, “We have seen Jesus come into people’s lives. We have seen kids in our sponsorship program coming to know Him and grow in their faith. Over 20 mission teams going out. Thousands of families being fed. Bibles in thousands of homes that wouldn’t be there otherwise…because the Lord is bringing His Kingdom through common people who are willing.”
Watch a heartfelt message from Sarah about what God allowed us to accomplish together in 2022.
Moldova says Mulțumesc!
Wow, what a year in Moldova! At the beginning of 2022, we had no idea that on February 24, Russia would invade Ukraine. Our ministry has been impacted by the constant flow of refugees across the border and the crushing economic impact of the war. We have been providing emergency food, hygiene supplies, medicine, clothes and more to hundreds of refugees. We have also maintained our ongoing efforts of caring for sponsored and special needs children, as well as vulnerable teens.
These amazing teens in our Transitional Living program stepped up this year to help the refugees and run summer camps for 800 kids when our usual volunteers from the U.S. couldn’t travel there.
Now, during the coldest months in Moldova, we are focused on providing heat, food, and essential items to poor families who are still suffering from the war and inflation. Our Giving Tuesday campaign focused on this need, and because of donors like you, we exceeded our goal and raised over $22,000 to help many vulnerable families in Moldova this winter.
We would not have been able to respond to all of these needs were it not for our generous supporters. Alina Magdaliuc, our National Director in Moldova, filmed a special message to reflect on all the amazing work God has allowed JMI Moldova to accomplish in 2022.
Prayers for the future
There are God-sized opportunities He’s leading JMI to engage, and we know with His help and your continued partnership, He will use our organization to accomplish exceedingly, abundantly more than we’re able to ask or imagine. As we enter 2023, please pray for us and for how God may call you to partner with us as we plan to:
- Expand pastoral training in the Amazon by offering a four-year seminary curriculum for pastors in two different regions of the jungle, in partnership with Training Leaders International and Leadership Outreach.
- Equip river churches through our Indigenous Mission Trips Program to take the Gospel into deeper regions of the Amazon rainforest, reaching villages that have never heard the Good News.
- Offer two Amazon Pastors’ Conferences and sixteen mission trips to the Amazon.
- Expand our Transitional Living Program into Cahul, located in southern Moldova, by opening two new homes for teenage girls and boys, which will give us six homes for vulnerable teenagers in the north, center, and south of Moldova.
- Launch a new Youth Development Program in the sixty villages we serve in Moldova to equip middle school students better and provide monthly training in various topics.
- Expand our vulnerable child sponsorship program in new villages and regions of Moldova.