For those of you who love what God is doing through JMI but weren’t able to attend our 2014 Benefit Gala this year, we wanted to provide you with a few of the highlights from the evening:
- Sarah Rodrigues, Amazon National Director, shares how the Lord has worked through Justice & Mercy Amazon this past year, highlighting the use of the John Pac Center.
- Mike Minter shares about the Annual Jungle Pastor’s Conference in the Amazon
- Steve Davis, Executive Director of Programming, paints a picture of the issues in Moldova that JMI aims to help alleviate, by God’s grace
- Alina Magdaliuc, Moldova National Director, recounts God’s faithfulness to the JMI programs in Moldova over the past year
- Jazgul Orozova, a young woman who grew up in our orphan and Transitional Living programs, tells her story
These precious moments were interspersed with:
- Incredible music by award winning artist Ginny Owens
- Author and speaker Kelly Minter, who served as emcee for the evening, shared her own experiences serving with JMI in Moldova and the Amazon.
- Mike Minter, pastor of Reston Bible Church in Virginia, shared about his personal experience at JMI’s Annual Pastor’s Conferences. This time of training and equipping jungle pastors is proving to have a ripple effect throughout the Amazon region.
- Both of our national directors, Sarah Rodrigues and Alina Magdaliuc, shared how the Lord is moving in their respective countries.
- The beautiful and elegant environment created in our auditorium by designer Anna Berry
- The delicious meal provided again this year by Jason Crockarell’s Flavor Catering
The work that God has called JMI to simply would not be possible without the sacrifice of so many. Whether it’s going on trips, giving financially, or praying for the children, families, and pastors we serve, we are immensely grateful for the contributions of people like you.
Yet there is much to be done. God has continued to give us a bigger vision and increased passion for how he wants to care for the poor, orphaned, and forgotten of the world. Our gracious Father continues to prove Himself faithful, and we are expectant for what the next year holds, following his lead in Moldova and the Amazon.
- Our Transitional Living program in Moldova is thriving. We are seeing true transformation in the lives of young men and women in our Grace House and Boys to Leaders House. Jazgul is proof of the redemptive work that God is doing in Moldova (see link above). Help us grow this ministry and welcome more vulnerable teens into our program. Donate Now.For information on how to become an ongoing sponsor, contact Rachel Trammell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Flooding, malaria, poverty, spiritual superstition, and inaccessible education are ever-present realities in the Amazon jungle. Help us impact the needs of entire villages by committing to become a Justice & Mercy Amazon ongoing supporter with a monthly gift, which we will direct toward the most pressing needs. Donate now.Or commit to sponsor a Pastor and his wife at our 4th Annual Jungle Pastor’s Conference in February. Contact email@example.com.
- Most importantly, pray earnestly to be available and to be used by God in Moldova, Brazil or South Africa. Then set up a time to talk to Mary Katharine Hunt (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Steve Davis (email@example.com). Let’s begin a dialogue about your passion, your call, your giftedness, your sphere of influence…all the raw materials to be put at our Lord’s disposal. We’ll help you decipher it all and map your own plan to Make Justice Personal!
Help us reach our goal!
Our goal for the Gala was to raise $100,000 to help JMI accomplish the goals we have set for 2015. We are still shy of that goal by about $15,000. If you would like to donate and help us reach our goal, click here.