We’ve been on the go!
It’s still early in the summer, and we’ve already had several trips to both Moldova and the Amazon! We love to see new partners catch the vision as well as long time supporters be reminded of all that God is doing through JMI to care for the poor, orphaned, and forgotten.
Since our Annual Jungle Pastors’ Conference in February, we have had four trips to the Amazon.
- In March, a team from the Village Chapel in Nashville ventured down the river to help build our dear friend Pastor Cosme a home that would stay above flood waters.
- Then, in April a team of engineers and other faculty from Lipscomb University travelled on a trip to brainstorm and cast vision for ways we can better practically serve our brothers and sisters along the River.
- A team from Reston Bible Church in Virginia took to the jungle in May where they conducted kids camps and did home visits in several villages.
- Just this this past week, a family-oriented team from the Nashville area hopped aboard the boat for a week of VBS and even gardening at Santa Isabel village.
The ongoing work continues to grow in Moldova, as well:
- In early May, a team of college students from Lipscomb University spent their week serving at Straseni Orphanage and Balti Shelter. They did day camp and spent lots of intentional time with our Grace House girls, as well.
- In late May, a team from Michael Memorial Baptist in Mississippi served in Moldova, spending a large portion of their time in Carpineni Orphanage.
But the fun has just begun! We still have several teams headed out this summer. Pray for our trips coming up:
- A team from Rolling Hills Community Church will head to Risipeni Village in Moldova in late June.
- A second team from Rolling Hills Community Church will conduct day camp at Carpineni Oprhanage in early July.
- Also in early July, a team of students from Rolling Hills will travel to the Amazon for VBS and home visits in several villages.
- In late July, we have two churches (Oklahoma and Texas) headed to Moldova to serve in Orphanages and shelters.
- Closing out the summer in August, we have 2 teams traveling to serve along the River in Brazil, one team from Rolling Hills and another medical team composed of people from all over.
Would you join us in the highly important work of PRAYING for the work ahead? We believe that these trips help us to continue the ongoing, sustainable work that is done day in and day out throughout the year. They help us to extend our reach and maintain important relationships with the people we love so dearly in Moldova and the Amazon.