Where We Work
Moldova—a small country with a big need
- Average yearly income per person: $4,669
- Smallest country of the former Soviet Union—about the size of Maryland.
- Economy is ranked as the 40th out of the 43 European nations
- More than 25,000 Moldovans are trafficked abroad yearly
- Ranked 15th in the world on the Global Slavery Index
Our programs in Moldova are designed to help vulnerable children wherever they live and identify those at most risk for inclusion in our transitional living program.
The Amazon—Vast in size and need
- The State of Amazonas is the largest land area in Brazil equaling France, Spain, Sweden & Greece combined
- Most of the territory is covered by jungle, where 21% of the population lives, scattered among 6,100 rural and riverside communities
- Amazonas has a population of 3.5 million
- There are only 560 schools in the Amazon region. The illiteracy rate in 2010 was 9.6%
- Only 1/2 of villages on the Amazon River have access to clean water
- 6 months of every year, the Amazon flood, displacing upwards of 70,000 families from their homes