Ways for Kelly’s Summer Nehemiah Bible Study Group to Make Justice Personal
Help raise $100,000 toward finishing a new mission boat that will carry the healing and hope of Jesus to the Amazon.
Make a tangible difference in the life of an orphaned or vulnerable child. Together, let’s sponsor 60 children in Moldova.
We want 50 of you to join us in June 2021 for a Bible + Mission Amazon trip with Kelly Minter & Angela Thomas Pharr.
What Drives Us
Justice & Mercy International (JMI) is a faith-based, non-profit organization that exists to make justice personal for the poor, the orphaned and the forgotten of the world. JMI primarily works in Moldova in Eastern Europe and in the Amazon region of Brazil and we do our work through programs that have the Good News of Jesus at their core.
Where We Work
Moldova—a small country with a big need
- Average yearly income per person: $4,669
- Smallest country of the former Soviet Union—about the size of Maryland.
- Economy is ranked as the 40th out of the 43 European nations
- More than 25,000 Moldovans are trafficked abroad yearly
- Ranked 15th in the world on the Global Slavery Index
Our programs in Moldova are designed to help vulnerable children wherever they live and identify those at most risk for inclusion in our transitional living program.
The Amazon—Vast in size and need
- The State of Amazonas is the largest land area in Brazil equaling France, Spain, Sweden & Greece combined
- Most of the territory is covered by jungle, where 21% of the population lives, scattered among 6,100 rural and riverside communities
- Amazonas has a population of 3.5 million
- There are only 560 schools in the Amazon region. The illiteracy rate in 2010 was 9.6%
- Only 1/2 of villages on the Amazon River have access to clean water
- 6 months of every year, the Amazon flood, displacing upwards of 70,000 families from their homes
Our annual jungle pastor conference is the centerpiece of all the work we do in the Amazon.
I’ve had a heart for missions ever since I was a kid and my parents began taking me to our church’s annual missions banquet. My childhood fascination with different countries and cultures grew into a passion to be personally involved as an adult. For the past 10 years, I’ve partnered with Justice & Mercy International working with the forgotten people of the Amazon jungle as well as the orphans and vulnerable children of Moldova. The privilege of carrying the love of Jesus to these often difficult places, and watching Him create hope out of hopelessness, is an unmatched blessing.
I can say without hesitation that working with JMI has been one of the greatest joys of my life. Whether it’s ministering to jungle pastors and their wives at our annual Jungle Pastor’s Conference in Brazil or visiting the magnificent kids in our transitional living programs in Moldova, the work has woven into every area of my life, leaving nothing untouched. I eagerly invite you to check out their website and see how you might get involved.
Join Us On Instagram
Error: There is no connected account for the user 479068539 Feed will not update.